Elllo is a unique English language learning app providing listening and reading interviews. Practice pronunciation skills with speech test. Real people speaking about interesting topics with authentic accents around the world.
Elllo is available for Windows 10 and Android.
The app is FREE and contains in-app purchase products.
Features at a glance:
* Lessons: Over 1400 interview lessons to listen with downloadable audio content
* Videos: Around 500 Videos with native player
* Pronunciation – Speech test
* Transcript with auto scrolling [W10 only]
* Offline learning capability
* Inline translation
* Comprehension & Vocabulary tests for each lesson
* Read aloud text
* Voice recording and playback [W10 only]
* Phrasal verbs (more than 3200 items)
* Vocabulary expressions (7500 items with explanations and audio)
* Grammar topics
* Reminder: recurring alarm to get back and train yourself
There are over 1400 (and counting) interview lessons available to read, listen and learn. There is also a vocabulary section for each interviews with audio comments. You can practice your understanding by reading the transcript while listening people with various English accents.
Also includes around 500 short videos about everyday topics.
Learning offline: the app stores visited lessons, downloaded audio files, and pictures. You can even download lessons and audio in advance in case you need it.
Pro version provides you lesson search and speech test, so that you can practice your pronunciation capabilities. Elllo is your digital English teacher.
Elllo is an unofficial app for http://www.elllo.org English Listening Lesson Library Online. The developer does not hold any rights over the content, as it belongs to elllo.org, and provided unchanged. Users are free to download and use the materials for educational purposes.
Have fun learning English with Elllo!
Window 10 Desktop
Windows 10 Mobile
The Android app is built on Xamarin.Android with .NET, C# and shares a lot of code with the Windows 10 UWP counterpart. I use Azure and AppHarbor for the backend.